Animal Care Services works closely with the Animal Care Committee to provide services in support of the UBC Animal Care & Use Program.
Reporting to the AVP Research & Innovation, our services include research support, veterinary services, compliance, training, procurement, animal housing, technical services and administrative support. Each member of our team contributes to the care and welfare of laboratory animals and to the research that leads to improved health for people and animals.
Animal Care Services provides the following support:
ACS Leadership Team
- Oversight of ACS operations & services
- Business Development (including a Quality Management System)
- ACS Facility Management
- Supporting the AVP Research & Innovation and the Animal Care & Use Program
- New researcher orientation and recruitment support
- Ensure facility renovations and construction meet CCAC & researcher needs